Monday, December 9, 2019

When Dad takes the lead

I, picked up a book, lying in the slumber
It took me to the World of Old Bombay Memoirs
Engrossed & engaged - I spent a whole noon
Till the door bell rang -and brought me back to the room
When Dad takes the lead, and the kid is happy to heed 
Mom is on a Holiday - Offering herself- a leisure Reading Day.


I decided to bring out the Old Metal Box
Tucked deep inside, the fortified walls
Volumes of stories they had to say- some relevant- some redundant
At an unhurried pace ,I wade through
Choosing to retain some, and discard a few.
When Dad takes the lead, and the kid is happy to heed 
Mom is on a Holiday - Clearing up Space- in her own way


When was the last time I shopped, without looking at the Watch
How long has it been - updating this blog
Which is that movie- I am waiting to see again
Bring out the list- its Game Time now!
When Dad takes the lead, and the kid is happy to heed 
Mom is on a Holiday - Making the most of it today!

No comments: