Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A day in the life of an Idli Grinder


It's been close to 14 years now. I  have been occupying the right corner of the kitchen loft. A very comfortable accommodation, I would say. Like a view from the balcony, I can see everything that gets cooked on that stove. 

With crisp corners, a dosa - waiting to be flipped , those pot bellied pooris going into the plate, steam rising from the freshly cooked rice. Must admit, they placed me in the most entertaining corner of the room.

Years ago, they brought me home with all vigor. But when downsizing happened, I was the first to go. Was I too huge to be accommodated or too complicated to stay functional? 

A tap on my back jostled my thoughts. Before I could fathom, a gush of water ran over me . It was my touch with water after almost a decade. I sun soaked myself in whatever rays reached though the window.Suddenly, there was all new attention on me.  I am placed, a level above the ground- just beneath the mixer. 

And now, my plug points connected!!!
After 14 long years......It was time to perform. 
It was time to show, I exist.
It was time-  to write my own testimonial here.

3 comments:

SG said...

In this ever changing world, I am glad someone still remembered old folks like us.

Shilpa Garg said...

Wow!! I would say better late than never!!
This idli grinder is on my wish list for forever! But since we make idlis/dosas like once in a month, ready made batter seems more logical :P

magiceye said...

Great to see you back!

Rebirth of the grinder and your blog!