Thursday, April 16, 2020

The N's of City Connect

A to Z Challenge - My Theme-  City Connect - my connect with....
Aurangabad-Schooling & Junior College / Bombay- Graduation & First job/ Chennai - Marriage & Motherhood

AURANGABAD
N3 N4 N5-Our residence was N3. We schooled at N1. But its only when I started writing this post, the question popped up, what N meant. Haven't found a confirmed answer yet -at least not on internet. Some search pages say -"N" refers to" "Neighborhood". Town-planning gave number tags to Neighborhood saying N1/ N2/ N3. For now, I am satisfied to hear, that a simple number system can define areas.

BOMBAY
NINE:TEN LADIES SPECIAL -If there is a train that can keep commuters rush at bay during peak hours- it is the Ladies Special. I enjoyed the comfort of 9:10 Ladies Special from Panvel to CST during my office commute. The evening "Ladies special" time,  never matched with my leaving office. So this luxury was meant for morning. My MP3 on or a book to give me company.  Kite Runner/3 Mistakes of my life/ Namesake are some books that I have read while commuting in this 9:10 Ladies Special.


CHENNAI
NAADASWARAM - Yes its a musical instrument, but here I am referring to a Tele serial
Naadaswaram- was my first encounter with tamil tele-series. My Mother In Law use to watch it & I landed as her co-audience on the couch. With ace actor Mouli at the helm, it was a Family drama in a semi-rural set up. For a viewer like me, it was a pragmatic shift from Ekta Kapoor's K series.

2 comments:

SG said...

Tamil Tele serial stories move in a very slow speed. If you miss 20 episodes you won't miss the story going forward. One good thing is it brings the family relationship closer if you watch together.

Arti said...

I loved reading Kite Runner. Your Ladies Special commute sounds comfortable compared to what I've heard and read about local trains in Bombay.