A handwritten note was delivered to the control room. It read "The dawn broke early". The note had no address, but signed with initials P.O. These initials had a compelling past, it sent shudders!
Meanwhile, the usual bouquet arrived Aluwalia's residence. It had become a routine now . He kept calling flowers and they continued coming. Today, he made a call. In chaste Marathi he said "Ani Yen yeu deh". The mention of International currency. Control Room did not see this coming. A team was readied & they headed to Aluwalia's residence. Meanwhile, stationed on the bridge was a guard whom Aluwalia gestued to come in. 4 sacrifial knives were broght out & laid on the feast table. Control room made frantic calls, urging the team to head fast. The team was still 3 mins away.....
The guard entered......
- 1 Down with the 1st knife. He became the 1st casualty.
- Out of the blue-the 2nd one was tracked - 2 Down.
- The 3rd & 4th were the knife's delight.
What the control room failed to see, was now becoming clear. The handwritten note, flowers, the guard, international currency -they missed seeing the VICTIM in them
- The note "The dawn BROCOLLI (broke early) ( Victim 3 identified)
- He kept CAULIFLOWERS (calling flowers) & they kept coming in (Victim 2 recognized )
- International currency ??? - ONION (Ani Yen) ( Victim 4) -
- Stationed on the bRIDGE was a GOURD- how could they not decode this????
And the final blow. .......He was Mr AALOOwalia- The Kingmaker,with intials POtato-oed on him.
This narration ends here. This is the Control Room's point of view. The Team reached the spot & THE KINGMAKER WAS "HUNTED DOWN". But on the walls of the Potato Community, reads a Saying " Until the Lion learns to write, every story will glorify "the hunter"
This post written for INDISPIRE- Edition 373. Theme- #Potato must be the Hero