Monday, April 20, 2020

The Q's of City Connect

A to Z Challenge - My Theme-  City Connect - my connect with....
Aurangabad-Schooling & Junior College / Bombay- Graduation & First job/ Chennai - Marriage & Motherhood

AURANGABAD
QUTUBUDDIN- QUETTA & QUILT- If you have played the game "Name/ Place/ Animal / Thing"  - you realize- there is little to write in Q. For those unfamiliar, this game prompts you to write a Name of a Person/ Name of Place/ An Animal/ a thing from each letter.
This is how I have been writing for Q  all along the game....
  • Name- Qutubuddin [  Qutubuddin Aibak-  name of a ruler I got to know from history textbook]
  • Place - Quetta  - Pakistan [ World Geography comes to rescue]
  • Animal - xxxx   Never got to know an animal from Q. 
  • Thing-  Quilt [ In my free time, I  have scrolled through dictionary pages to find new words from Q]

BOMBAY
QANTAS-  My very first International Trip to Singapore. When my travel desk booked Qantas for me, I was hearing its name for the 1st time. Dad educates me, saying its an Australian carrier. From Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport to SinChangi Singapore. It was Aug 2009 & just the beginning. Singapore, since then, has become a frequented destination as compared to other countries.


CHENNAI
QUALITY ICE CREAM - Our visit to Besant Nagar Beach completes with a Kulfi or an ice cream. It is an unsaid rule that Dad & daughter buy the Bajjis & Mom buys the cold dessert. In the backdrop of moonlit beach shores ; the lighting from the Savories' stalls shine bright. Somewhere at a distance, a faintly visible handcart reads " Kwality Walls".


8 comments:

SG said...

I was not disappointed with Quality Ice Cream. But I was speculating you will mention QMC (Queen Mary's College).

Viyoma said...

Dear SG, Honestly it didn't strike me at all.
I moved to Chennai only after marriage. Possibly a reason why, the academic side of Chennai (Queen Marys) didn't strike me.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Quilt was the perfect thing to find whith a Q ;))
Q is for Quilting Longarm

Shweta said...

Quail is a bird. So is Quoll. :) These were my go-to animals for Q while playing Name, Place, Animal, Thing. :D I love Kwality Walls ice creams too. I like your choice of theme. :)

Alexandra Heep said...

Q is difficult, but you managed quite well! There is also Quark for Q, a German food :-)

Kristin said...

Sort of funny to end with a 'k' kwality ice cream.

Finding Eliza

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

I like it that ice cream gets attached to certain cities. My family sometimes go to Vienna for the best ice cream in Europe :D

The Multicolored Diary

Penelope Potty Snooper said...

Oh I'm currently playing Name Place Animal Thing with my pre-school grandchildren with different letters of the alphabet. But I remember making cheat sheet in school and memorising all the possible names , animals and things and places ( I forgot)....so that I could always win ;)