Monday, April 6, 2020

The E's of City Connect

A to Z Challenge - My Theme-  City Connect - my connect with....
Aurangabad-Schooling & Junior College / Bombay- Graduation & First job/ Chennai - Marriage & Motherhood


AURANGABAD
ELLORA - Google search "Aurangabad" and Ellora & Ajanta Caves" will show up. Rock cut sculptures-Monolithic carvings made these caves famous. Ellora Caves were on the roll call for school picnics as well. I still vividly remember the huge Bee-hives that showed up at distant corners of the caves.

BOMBAY
E-WRITING- E-Writing/ Blogging owes its origin to Bombay. FAQ section of this blog will tell you - how it all started and what this blog is all about.  When E Writing was a distant future; diary writing was my hobby. There is a treasure of handwritten pages- that speak of " Diwali Vacation with Grandparents/ Farewell party at School and a lot more.

CHENNAI
EGMORE-    A busy neighborhood that houses some iconic heritage buildings of Chennai. Egmore Railway station; Albert Theatre; Egmore Museum being the notable ones. Ask my mother in law & she excitedly talks about "Santhi Sweets" -a sweet shop that has stood the test of time.  Alsa Mall- where my office was briefly housed- stands like an old guard on Montieth road amidst all the newness around her.

5 comments:

SG said...

Egmore brings me lot of memories. Near Egmore railway station there is a bus stop named automatic signal. I don’t know if they still call by that name. I was told automatic traffic light signal in that corner was first installed there in India.

Pradeep Nair said...

I have been to Ellora. Amazing place.
Even I have switched to e-reading and e-writing. All said and done, there is a unique charm about writing with pen on paper.

(My entry for E -
https://bpradeepnair.blogspot.com/2020/04/e-for-e-books-my-favourite-things-to.html)

vesseys said...

I still have diaries or journals that hold many stories and notes.
I hope you are enjoying the A to Z challenge and that it is keeping you busy.

Have a great week.

~Moonie

The letter E

SG said...

Correction: First automatic signal in South India.

Shilpa Garg said...

Ellora.... remember going there as a kid... dont remember much now though. Hope to visit these monumental caves some day again!