Friday, October 16, 2009
On the eve of my 24th Birthday, listing, 24 things I did, over the last one year that I m happy about:
1. Joined Twitter and following Journos, anchors, authors and editors.
2. Travelled substantially. Goa, Mangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Singapore. The year marked my first visit abroad.
3. Participated in the Navi Mumbai Marathon. Cause: Race against terrorism
4. Revived my sketching skills, after a gap of 5 Years.
5. Won the confidence of some of tough peers at work. They now come out of the way to help in times of need or otherwise.
6. Exercised my right: both at Assembly and State elections. Thanks to all those who worked hard in getting my name listed. (My own contribution was restricted to actual voting)
7. Earnestly did some blog promotion, by getting my blogs listed on Blog Catalog, Indiblogger, and Blog Adda. Must say: it works.
8. Reduced my count of Belated Birthday wishes. Realized that mobile reminders are more reliable when it comes to remembering birthdays.
9. Started Vyo’s World of Appreciation: though it is yet to gain momentum.
10. Increased the circulation list of my weekly shipping bulletin (“Canopus Eye”) from 43 to 135. The elevating moment was when it touched the 100 mark.
11. Didn’t miss on the opportunity to click a snap with former Indian Captain Mohd Azzaruddin at Oberoi’s Delhi.
12. Complimented Chetan Bhagat on his latest book. Very surprisingly received a thanks mail from him.
13. Learnt to recite “Hanuman Chalisa” without referring to the book.
14. Hit Gym for 2 months. Didn’t get expected results, yet the Feel Good Factor remains.
15. Utilized the paid leave at the right time for the right purpose.
16. Made it a point to thank Rickshaw & Cab Drivers, every time I hired their service.
17. Experimented with Google Chrome when its Beta Version hit the market.
18. Watched “Mumbai Meri Jaan”: a movie that will perennially remain in my list of favorites.
19. Managed to graph a family tree inclusive of 4 generations, on My Heritage.
20. Attended the Sunday Evening Mass at Our Lady Church, Mangalore.
21. Didn’t miss the College Annual Gathering that most of them gave a miss.
22. Got the taste of “Allen Solly”. Brand Loyalty to continue.
23. Captured some wonderful Kodak moments, and treasured them with Picassa.
24. Successfully jotted down the above 23 happy moments and still left with some unwritten ones.
Wish u a happy and prosperous Diwali :)