Monday, July 27, 2026

Deoghar Stories- Part 3

Picture speaks, where text go silent

Dear Deoghar 

I have already introduced you enough to my world. We have moved beyond my awe and your surprises. It is business as usual, is what I want to say. But you don't let me keep it that simple. 

I have seen your extreme winters. I liked your July look. Bright sunny weather suits you well. You were busier than usual with Sawan month preparations. Getting decked up lane by lane must be tedious? Traffic snarls, route diversions! You carry metro city mannerisms well. 

Familiarity with each trip makes it more comfortable.
Remember my Toto Ride to Smart Bazaar last week? On my way back, I could only recall "Tiwari Chowk" as a landmark. I decided I get down there and walk. But as "Tiwari Chowk" neared, the name "Rani Kothi" flashed and I made it to the doorstep on the Toto.
You see the connect? I don't revise your area names in Chennai everyday, but they just stay in memory. And show up when required. 

No airport however big or small, makes it so personal. Even before I screen my luggage, I am asked, if I am traveling to Mumbai. I know, that's only flight standing there to take off. But airport staff greeting & enquiring with a smile, makes me feel as if I am the only passenger on board. All my anxieties about connecting flight & Mumbai weather vanished that moment. Infact I started looking forward to Mumbai's Inter-terminal coach ride (T2 to T1). What more? 


A Momo lounge-access. I order Veg Momos and you let me use the Lounge. No ornamental access cards like Gold/Silver/ Platinum needed? Your cousins in big cities ask for it. Guess its a matter of time, you too will follow....

No comments: