Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Hello 36 :-)

On the eve of my 24th Bday- I had written @24     .12 Years on, recreating on similar lines Hello 36!

@24 Travelled substantially. Goa,Mangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Singapore. The year marked my first visit abroad.

@36 Travel scene changed. But before lockdowns & restrictions  -Kolkata Happened! When I read Jhumpa Lahri's The Namesake - visiting Calcutta became a wish list. Sankar's Chowringhee just elevated my yearning to make it. And in Nov 2019-  Dum Dum airport unfurled City of Trams for me! 


@24 says watched Mumbai Meri Jaan- the movie to remain in all time fav.

That was the Pre OTT phase when movies came in DVD/ CD or channel broadcast. 

@36 i wont list any favourite. Movie menu now includes a rich language diversity. Content variety in the form of Web series. Short films -adds up entertainment value.

 

@24Active on blogging platforms, consciously did Blog promotions, attended Blog Meets.

@36- Haven't done any of this for a very long time. But made a 1st and very naive attempt at StoryWeaver .After months of deliberation submitted my 1st kids story with my own illustrations here.The Language Man Story

Developing a story -presenting it in a language that kids can relate to- was a challenge in itself.Even difficult was to draw up illustrations matching my story. Made me realize- how much more I need to work on my drawing skills

 

@24-Learnt to recite “Hanuman Chalisa” without referring to the book.

@36-Attempting to learn Bhagvat Gita with my 4 year old. To make this learning interesting- re-reading the relevant stories of Mahabharat, doodling sketches of blind folded Gandhari/ Bhishma on Bed of arrows to give a visual impact.

A few points on continuity now... @36 continues what @24 started..

@24 Captured some wonderful Kodak moments, & treasured them with Picassa.......@36- Mobile Gallery is brimming with pics. Sorting- assorting they make their way to Zoomin albums. 

@24Exercised my right: both at Assembly and State elections. @36 Yes!!. Infant at home - was not an excuse!!

@24 Made it a point to thank Rickshaw & Cab Drivers, every time I hired their service. @36- Dependence on home deliverables increased. So a conscious effort to thank Courier/ Food/Grocery delivery guys!  

I am not active on Twitter these days.  Had I been,hashtags would look like this.....  #Infant #Toddler #Workfromhome #Onlineschool#36


2 comments:

magiceye said...

Interesting.

SG said...

First Happy Birthday to you. May the heaven's choicest blessings be showered upon you. Comparing your 24 and 36 is very interesting.