Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The X's of City Connect

A to Z Challenge - My Theme-  City Connect - my connect with....
Aurangabad-Schooling & Junior College / Bombay- Graduation & First job/ Chennai - Marriage & Motherhood


AURANGABAD
XMAS CELEBRATION AT SCHOOL - Attending a Christian school meant robust Christmas celebrations. Onset of December - our school entrance would have a trinity.  As we enter the premises- a large Christmas tree to welcome. The tradition of the Santa Claus delivering chocolates was eagerly anticipated in every classroom. Christmas Celebrations at school was always pre-dated -that is before a couple of days before Christmas arrived. It was followed by a Christmas Vacation -with the school reopening in New year.

BOMBAY
XAVIERS COLLEGE MUMBAI- Introduction to Bombay in movies has some typical structural references. It is either Victoria Terminus or Xaviers College. To show the crowd of Bombay, for years,  camera lens have been zooming in on Dabbawalas or moving Locals. Bombay typical as I call them - a visual treat that connects viewers to Bombay instantly.

CHENNAI
XYLOPHONE - Not just rhymes-I end up playing toddler games as well. Its amusing to watch myself descend from playing vocabulary enthusiastic Scrabble, mind bending Brainvita; to a sound emanating Xylophone.  From  tackling the colorful marbles of Chinese Checkers- to being a co-participant in identifying colours on Xylophone pad- I am playing underage games these days.

6 comments:

Sriya Akhilesh said...

Oh how I miss playing Chinese Checkers! I remember you used to win most of the times :) And also at Bluff. Smarty pants!

rudraprayaga said...

Written about X in a simple and meaningful way. Nice.

Arti said...

Lucky for you that you have first hand experience of playing a Xylophone Vyoma. It's come in handy for today's post:)

Srivalli Rekha said...

I love Xylophone! I got one as a birthday gift when I was around 6. I used to play it all day and night, lol. Your post took me back to those days.

SG said...

Xylophone is a nice percussion instrument usually played in an orchestra. Glad you selected this word for X.

Pradeep Nair said...

Xmas is a time for rejoicing, for all. The fact that it comes just before NY adds to the fun.