Friday, April 3, 2020

The C's of City Connect

A to Z Challenge - My Theme-  City Connect - my connect with....
Aurangabad-Schooling & Junior College / Bombay- Graduation & First job/ Chennai - Marriage & Motherhood

AURANGABAD
CAMPUS CAROL - Come Thursday & this chirpy kids bulletin would be at our door step. Be it crayon sketched Mountains by a 7 year old or a water colored painting by a teenager- they would publish it one beside the other. From poetry to puzzles  and stories to sonnet this bulletin was an ode to "kids kreativity"

BOMBAY
CENTRE POINT CHEMBUR  -  1st office- 1st job  @ Centre Point Chembur.  It was Jan 2008 .  Connotation for "Vessels" was about to change.Vessels in Maritime Industry mean Ships. This was just the beginning....a lot more vocabulary got added over years.  Abbreviations became a part of routine, Time Zone differences got respected - World became a smaller place when looked from the Sea Trade point of view.

CHENNAI
COMIC SIDEKICK - When you watch movies of 5 different languages- what comes to you is an "Analysis Hangover". A unexpected & unwanted habit of over analyzing movie structure.  So, after having a wholesome meal "Tamil" movie, when I switch over to "Marathi" - I realize there is no Comic sidekick for the main lead. The Tamil Cinema hero;-over years has developed a strong & healthy bond with their comic sidekick. They are generally hero's friend/ close family-and get good screen-time in the story arc.

9 comments:

SG said...

I am glad you can understand and watch movies in 5 different languages. I can watch only in 2 languages. Nowadays, in some Tamil movies, the comedy skits have nothing to do with the story. You can take that skit and insert in any movie.

Romi said...

I enjoy reading about your ingenious theme.

Pradeep Nair said...

One great plus point of the city I live in, Bengaluru (Bangalore) is the moderate weather round the year, unlike many other cities that face extreme temperatures.
There are many good educational institutions and a number of big and small companies, both Indian and globals ones.
But on the flip side, the city is normally a picture of congestion (of course not right now), traffic bottlenecks, unending civic constructions, unmotorable roads!
Thanks for dropping by.

Navita said...

You know what, I read your post twice. It gave me some nostalgic feelings. While reading it, I could also reconnect myself to all the places I had been to. Definitely, there are many memories associated with each place. Wonderful, heartfelt read, Viyoma.

A Hundred Quills said...

You have an interesting theme.City connect. I enjoyed your snippets.
Sonia from https://soniadogra.com

Shilpa Garg said...

Interesting snippets from the places close to your heart. Lovely theme, Viyoma!

Alexandra Heep said...

Five different languages? Wow. I learned French in school for 4 years and forgot all of it.

J Lenni Dorner said...

Intriguing theme. I've never thought about most of this. Cool.
Have a great April A to Z.

J Lenni Dorner~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

I only speak three languages, but I tend to overanalyze movies too! :D I used to tell my students to compare two remakes of the same movie to see the differences...

The Multicolored Diary